Rat Rod Rolling
My Higgins is ALIVE!!
w00t! I'm so so so so in to my new ride...
She's a '50s J.C. Higgins frame with a few goodies:
- 26" BMX Fork
- GT "Piston" stem with thru-bolt for my front brake cable
- SRAM VT-5000 drum brake on the front
- Sturmey Archer SRC3 3-speed coaster on the back
- Brooks B73 saddle
- Sun Race top-tube mount shifter
- Kenda Flame tires
- Haro 3-piece bottom bracket/crankset
- Rattle can primer I had kicking around the bike room
The wheel set is off of my Manhattan - I realized I have only ridden it maybe 4 or 5 times since I put that front brake on it, and only twice since I got the new tires on it back in ohhh... January. Yeah, seeing as how this is probably the nicest wheelset in my whole bike collection, I just couldn't let that happen...
I'll post a full bunch of stuff into the Reader's Rides section at some point, but she rolls great, the new set is AWESOME, can't do without... Still need to get a new set of grips (the left one is partially packing tape), and I'm probably going to do some more work on the paint (although I sure do like grey primer look!!) This bike is TOUGH, TIGHT and best of all, FAST!