Royal City Show'n'Shine!
Everything is all set up for the Royal City Show'n'Shine! We're going to have a GREAT day complete with a TROPHY!
So last year we found out at the last minute about the Royal City Show'n'Shine - it's a huge car show held every June in New Westminster. Columbia Street is closed off from top to bottom and lined with great old classic cars - everything from Rat Rods through old classics through muscle cars - you name it! A few of us rode on down to check it out and had a GREAT time!!
Right as we rolled in to the show though we got stopped by one of the judges...
"Where were you earlier?!?"
Pause for a moment... Thinking "Have we done anything earlier today that someone might be trying to catch us for?"... No... Not picking anything up... Uhhh...
"We had BIKE JUDGING and there was NOBODY HERE!!! There were only 3 bikes and 2 of them were just commuters who were riding by!!! YOU HAVE TO COME NEXT YEAR!!!!!"
Well turns out they'd done the bike judging at about 10:00 AM... Last time I checked that's about 5 AM cruiser time - way too early!! Plus nothing had permeated out to the rest of us so no surprise there was nobody there!
Anyhow, I filed that away in the back of my head as something that needed to be dealt with this year...
So here we are, 2009 is underway! True to my word I've got it sorted out:
- We're meeting at noon at the Patterson SkyTrain station to ride in - figured this is a good meeting spot for those of you who are taking transit in as it's kind of central. It's also ALL DOWNHILL to the Show'n'Shine
- I've set up a "parking" area for us up by Brooklyn Pub at the top of Columbia - they've got a great balcony overlooking the river
- There will be bike judging! There will be at least one trophy! We're set to be there for 3:00 PM for that part of thinks...
- The ride out of there is across the street to the SkyTrain station - takes about 15 minutes and you're back up the hill to Patterson where we started
- For those of you who aren't done riding yet, we can ride the Central Valley Greenway back in to Vancouver and end up back around Science World in the evening
DON'T MISS THIS ONE!! Click HERE to see the Calendar posting!